WOWS Pastoral Group
WOWS Pastoral leads work within their individual schools to support teaching and learning by promoting wellbeing and working with staff, children, families and other agencies.
As a group we understand that a high quality of Pastoral Care is central to the ethos in all WOWS schools; it underpins everything that we do and along with a high quality of teaching and learning, it is what our community is all about.
Our Pastoral Groups aims include:
- ensuring each school is a place where the well-being of everyone is the prime concern of each member of our community;
- supporting a learning community in which children, young people and adults can realise their full potential;
- providing safe, stimulating and enriching environments where everyone is able to enjoy his/her best possible health and well-being;
- encouraging pupils to grow up to be responsible, active members of their community;
- promoting emotional intelligence;
- promoting regular attendance and good behaviour as pre-conditions for maintaining high standards of achievement;
- each child being encouraged to develop his/her own individuality whilst learning also that personal freedom involves responsibility to others;
- providing a family environment within each school, in which pupils can feel comfortable, safe and supported;
- providing equal opportunities for all pupils regardless of ability, religion, race, culture or gender;
- encouraging tolerance and understanding between all members of our community;
- a clear understanding that effort, kindness and good manners will be valued;
- developing an understanding of being responsible for oneself;
- fostering the kind of community where everyone helps each other.