What is WOWS?
Wows is a group of seventeen primary schools and special school based in West Wigan.
What do WOWS Schools do?
We work in partnership to support improvement and change within our schools through developing five key areas:
- Collaborative Group
What have WOWS done so far?
The WOWS community has held a variety of initiatives over the past 22 years. These have included:
- Professional development for all staff.
- Year Group projects in Mathematics.
- Held 10 Art Exhibitions.
- Developed an Art Transition Unit between primary and secondary schools.
- Held 18 WOWS Leadership Conferences.
- Held gifted and talented workshops in mathematics, Literacy, Music, Samba and Photography.
- Held football tournaments for children in Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4.
- Organised annual U11 and U10 Football League and Cup competitions.
- Organised an annual Netball League competition.
- Organised an annual WOWS Rugby League competition.
- Maths Puzzle Workshops.
- Developed a WOWS Newspaper.
- Held WOWS Festivals of Sport.
- Held WOWS Festivals of Music.
What is next for WOWS?
We will continue to offer a variety of learning experiences for all through shared professional development, creative endeavour and mutual support.
Take a look at our Collaborative Learning Groups on the School Improvement Page.